Sunday, February 11, 2007

My New Baby!!!


Yes, I finally traded in my little black 1999 Honda Civic Coupe with over 180,000 miles with a brand new red 2007 Honda CR-V 4WD! As much as I love my new car, I felt kind of sentimental as I drove off from the dealer parking lot while catching my last glimpse of my old car. I didn't think it was going to be so hard, but it felt like my dog died. Other the the noises that I started hearing recently, my old car was really good to me! It handled well on near-misses, drove through snow storms, floods, hails, etc. But it's all for the good. At least this is one less thing to worry about now, right?

Oh get this, speaking of near miss, I almost got into an accident Friday afternoon on my way home - the same day I was due to pick up my new car! I was driving pass a traffic light in which I had the right of way (green light on my direction) when the car on the opposite lane somehow decided to make a left turn while I was just about to cross the intersection. Almost hit me too! Idiot driver! Surprisingly, I wasn't shaken or anything. I was pissed and more concerned at the thought of my car being hit as I'm about to trade it in that night, LOL.

I've forgotten how difficult it is to buy a car. I felt like I was getting an ulcer! Luckily, I had my dad there doing all the wheeling and dealing. I sealed the deal last Saturday, then picked up the new car this Friday.

So that's what I've been up to. Also, I was in training for 3 days. The training was in the city, so I was waking up much earlier than normal, driving to the train station, then taking the train to the city. I don't know how people do this everyday! It is just exhausting! The first day of training was on Wednesday and I was able to wake up early, do a 40 minutes walk on an incline, and catch the 6:48 am train to the city, so I can be in the city before 8 am. Then when I got home, I did another 40 minutes walk on an incline + Abs. Thursday and Friday - forget it! No workouts! I was just exhausted! I actually felt like I was coming down with a cold or something, which luckily didn't progress into anything serious. I think the sub-zero temperature we've been having lately didn't help either!

Eating also suffered during the training. I wasn't expecting the food to suck so bad! Usually, when you go to these big trainings, you pay big bucks, and you at least have decent meals. It was so bad even the coffee suck! The lunch one day was cheesesteaks. Then on one of the snack breaks, we had Tasty Cakes. It was really cheaply done! It was really unexpected since the training was held at one of the fancy hotels in the city! Oh well, that's done thank God!

On top of training, I still have to keep up with work. So, at the end of the day, I have to log in and follow up on emails and projects. Yuck!

The good news is my running has been going extremely well. Running 4 miles now is getting to be routine for me. Then today, I ran 5 miles! And on the treadmill too! I figured if I can overcome boredom for that long, I can run longer when it's finally nice enough to run outside. So far, no injuries! I may do LBWO tonight, just coz I wasn't able to do my 2nd one for the week.

We're supposed to get our first snow storm on Tuesday. They said it's expected to be "major", as in 6" or more. I can handle 6" but the "or more" scares me. The weather reports hasn't exactly been specific. Depending on when the snow hits us, I'll probably be working from home. But at least I'm ready to tackle the driving with my brand new spanking 4WD! LOL.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chantal!!! She is pretty! Have you named her yet? I want 4WD so bad. Living in Buffalo, I could really use it. Do you know there is a town nearby me that got over 10 FEET of snow??? YIKES! So glad it wasn't us. We only got about 2 feet. But I'm hoping it's going to be melting soon.
Your running is going great! 5 miles, that's incredible! I was fantasizing last night, while I was trying to sleep, that I was a runner. That I LOVED to run. One day I will!

Pamela said...

Congrats!!! what a Gorgeous looking vehicle! Yay YOU!

Julie said...

Wow, what a beautiful car! I LOVE the colour! And way to kick butt on those runs!

Hope the snow storm isn't too bad..

Janel said...

Sweet wheels! New cars feel good!!!!

Greg said...

Niice Car!! Congrats! My wife and I are currently looking for a new car. She would probably like that.

Jen said...

Congrats on the new CR-V. I love it! I hear ya on the commuting to the city and training, etc. It can really throw off the schedule. Good job on running. I need to read more of your previous posts because I know you overcame an injury. I have a similar problem when I run.

Irene said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Nice ride!!!! I want one of those! It looks like a fun car!