Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Update before the wedding

First, thank you all for your kind words on my last post! I really appreciate it and it makes me more motivated moving forward!

Well, it's less than a week before my brother's wedding. I am officially on vacation! Woohoo!!! Lots of preparation to do before the wedding and all so I'm going to be very busy! My mom's been running around like a headless chicken. She's been on a cleaning frenzy...have to make the house presentable for the relatives staying over. I swear, they must have vacumed the whole house at least twice already just today!!!!

My workouts are still going great. Eating is not perfect, but not too crazy. Running is going great! In fact, I just ran 9 miles last Sunday. My training schedule is telling me to do 9 miles, but was actually gunning for 10. Unfortunately, because of Easter I did not get to run this weekend until late Sunday night, so it was the dreadmill for me. Man, was it torture! It was an hour and a half of pure hell! I think I could have gone 10 miles if it was outside. But, oh well!

Two weekends from now, I'm supposed to be running a 5-miles race. But I'm scared of the hills on this race. The first two miles are crazy uphill! I just have to play it by ear, I guess.

That's about it! Let the craziness of the wedding begin! I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get the chance.

Later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay vacation!! Hope the wedding goes smoothly and everyone has a wonderful time.

Good gracious! 9 miles??? Wowwee, girlie that's amazing!

If you missed my comment on your last post....what a wonderful job. You look amazing.

Donna said...

I can't wait to see wedding pictures.

Your doing so awesome on your running, as always, I'm jealous. I'm sure that eventually I'll get back to it, damn leg!

Irene said...

Post wedding pictures if you can! How exciting!

Nice job on your long run. I think you're more than ready for the 5 mile race, even with the hills -- but I know exactly what you mean... hills can be intimidting, but I *know* you'll be great.

KatieFeldmom said...

Eek! I can't believe the wedding is already here. You better take pictures of the dress!! Your dress, I mean. I remember when you ordered it and I haven't forgotten that you said you would take pictures. (Gosh, that sounds awfully stalkerish, doesn't it?)

Great job on the runs and I have no doubt you will do awesome on the 5-miler!!!!!!!

Pamela said...

Tee hee on Katies comments ..but we do remember!.. you promised pics...
Can't believe the wedding is already here! WOW! Give Mom a big hug & tell her to breath... it'll all be Fine!
You...enjoy!

Unknown said...

Wow...can't believe you ran that long on a treadmill. AWeSOME!! Hope the wedding is going great. Can't wait to see the photos. Hugs-Dede

Jen said...

Great job on the running. I am so impressed with your routine and how far you've come.

Have fun at the wedding. Can't wait to see your pix.