Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Before and After

I just realized that I just passed my 2 years anniversary of converting to this healthy & fit lifestyle. Well, I don't have the exact date, but I know it's like beginning of March 2005.

Some of you who have followed my blog for a while that what got me moving is some mean comments from some "well-meaning" relatives who laughingly told me to my face how fat I got. Well, although it stung at the time, I am now thankful I went through that painful experience. As they say, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

In honor of my anniversary, I thought I'd post my before & after pictures. Even fully clothed, the difference is very apparent. So here goes....


BEFORE
(busting out of a size 8, almost a size 10!!!!)



and AFTER
(size 0 BABY!!!!)


Notice how my mom went through a weight loss too?
The before picture was taken during my Philippines trip. I posted the after picture before, which was taken during my Vegas/Grand Canyon trip last October. Looking at my before picture now, can't say I really blame my relatives for telling it like it is. LOL.
I've come a loooong way, don't you think? I'm proud to say that it's been 2 years and I'm still going strong!

13 comments:

carolakabb said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WHAT AMAZING work!!!! you go girl!

Irene said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Donna said...

Oh wow size 0!!!! You look great and you've worked hard for it. Congratulations!!!

Laurie said...

Wow, I haven't been by in a bit and you had a great race and those are amazing pictures - you've done a great job. A 0!!! only in my dreams.

You should post some of the 101 kick butt reasons from Runner's World, since you're the queen Runner's World reader here.

KatieFeldmom said...

WOWSERS! Congrats on all your hard work and dedication. You look marvelous!!!!!

Unknown said...

The last couple of years have been good to you! You look so freaking HOT!!

Erin said...

Wow... what a difference! You and your mom both look so great!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrat on the anniversary (me too for 2 years in March of 07!!). AND...I must say- you (and Mom) look amazing. Such a super transformation. You both look so much more healthier too...you have that glow about you! KEEP UP that hard work, dedication, and your running. CONGRATS!! Thanks for all of your support :)

Jen said...

My hat is off to you for taking the brutal honesty of your relatives and turning it into a positive motivator for your success. I need to do the same thing! You look FANTASTIC! (so does your mom).

Pamela said...

Happy Anniversary girl! You & Mom look GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and you look amazing! You should be so very proud!!!

Karla said...

WOWZA!! You are definitely HOT and TINY-fit and toned (size 0). Woo Hoo!!

Greg said...

Dang!! You are smokin'!! :) I remember my grandmother saying "Greg you are getting fat" Nothing like a little tough love huh? I also want to thank you for your support. You have been a big inspiration to me. I never would have run these 5k's if it wasn't for you.